The process for nannies
We’re so glad you’re applying with us! We work hard to find our nannies positions in which they thrive happily for years! If you haven’t done so yet, please download the Nannies by Noa Resume Template here. (Word docs only please.) Use the Childcare Resume Guide here to help you. Tell us all about yourself, your childcare philosophy and what draws you to the nanny profession.
Please fill in the application by clicking on the box below, attach your new resume and upon meeting our entry criteria, we’ll reach out to you to set up an interview and meet in person. Please understand that submitting an application does not guarantee an interview.
Upon invitation, we’ll send you all the details you’ll need to plan your visit. Please allow 1 hour to chat with us and take the INA basic skills assessment. There is no preparation needed for this test.
Next, we’ll speak with former employers to gauge on-the-job performance and find out where you shine! Our screening process is diligent, and our acceptance rate remains low.
Invitation into our network is reserved only for the very best! Check your inbox for updates and your Nannies by Noa Handbook! If you’re a great match for one of our open positions, we’ll set up calls, interviews & trials at the family’s request.
We continue to provide ongoing support and advice throughout placement to both families and nannies, because we believe that success and longevity come from both parties being fairly and equally represented. We’re always here for you!
what we look for
Standards of Care
Our nannies must adhere not only to our standards but also to the recommended practices set by the International Nanny Association (INA), the umbrella organization of the in-home childcare industry.
For further consideration, applicants must possess the following:
- Authorization to work in the US.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a full-time nanny or 5 years as a steady part-time nanny working in private homes.
- Pass the International Nanny Associations Basic Skills test.
- A well-suited demeanor for working with children.
- Exceptional childcare references which attest to strong communication skills, reliability, punctuality, maturity and high emotional intelligence.
- Education or equivalent knowledge of ages and stages of
child growth and development.
- Ability to commit for a minimum of 1 year for all permanent positions.
- Readiness to help with light housekeeping and all tasks related to child care (meal prep, organizing, laundry, etc.).
- A clean background to pass our comprehensive background check.
- A professional appearance.
- Fluency in both oral and written English.
Additional qualifications we look for:
- Trainings and certifications such as First Aid, CPR & AED, early childhood education, defensive driving, water safety certification, NCS, special needs, etc.
- A four-year college degree from an accredited university
- Driver’s License
- Special Needs experience, including Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- An open schedule and ability to travel
- Fluency in one or more foreign language
- Willingness to live-in during summer months
- Ability to cover occasional late night and/or overnights
- Experience in Kosher homes
- Other skills include driving, swimming, cooking, sports, the arts and more…
Professionalism, timely correspondence and communication skills are continually assessed throughout the search process.
Don’t forget to ask us about our referral program!